Jim Coggin recently attended the Student Youth & Travel Association(SYTA) conference in Albuquerque, NM with Tina Knight, Adventure Park, Jan Williamson, Best Western Sandcastle and Amy Miller, Best Western Oceanfront. Between them, they had over 83 appointments with Tour Operators from the United States and Canada.
- J &A Racing requested and received an approved City of Virginia Beach Special Events Permit and will be unveiling a new race course for the 2018 Shamrock Marathon. The Shamrock Half Marathon and Full Marathon will be held on Sunday, March 18, 2018.
- Course Change Highlights:
- Half Marathon and Full Marathon runners will begin the race at the same time, utilizing the same start line and course. Both races will begin at 7:30 am.
- The Shamrock Marathon course footprint will not change. No road closures will change, just the times of the road closures.
- Half Marathon course will not change.
- Full Marathon will change. Runners will begin at 41st Street start line and will proceed north through the North End/Oceanfront and Fort Story area for the first portion of the run. In the second portion of the run, they will head south on General Booth Blvd. and into Camp Pendleton.
- First runners will get to Croatan neighborhood at 8:50 am.
- After 8:50 am, cars will have police officer controlled access to S. General Booth Blvd.
- Due to the race distance, individual runners will be more spread out than in previous years and will allow greater access in and out of the neighborhood.
- Course Change Benefits:
- Reduction in public/safety police manpower and subsequent costs.
- Reduction in overall road closure by approximately one hour.
- Reduction of impact on Atlantic Avenue and North End area.
- Atlantic Avenue will remain open from 6th Street to 22nd Street from 7:45 am – 12:00 noon.
- J&A Racing will have the ability to add a 4-person relay event giving additional runners the opportunity to participate.
Team Virginia Beach attended Connect Marketplace 2017 in New Orleans and spent time connecting and networking with colleagues and prospective clients. This photo, taken 8/21/17, reflects the amazing partnership between the Virginia Beach CVB, our hotel and VTC partners, and current and future clients.
Today’s experience-driven society shows that modern travelers are looking to one another for inspiration and affirmation: “Infographic: These Are the Images Travelers Share Most on Social Media“
The Rise of “snackable” TV advertising spots: “Why Brands and Agencies Are Preparing for the Era of 6-Second Ads“
Big developments from Google and ways to better leverage their products including: Google Assistant, Android O, Virtual Reality, and much more: “The 10 Biggest Announcements from Google I/O 2017”
“Airbnb launching premium service to compete directly with luxury travel hotels in an effort to attract more affluent travelers looking for a unique, but equally expensive, alternative to traditional lodging.“
It’s not every day a world-class artist comes to town to leave his colorful mark behind. Check out this cool and upbeat time lapse video captured by our very own and very talented Will Smith:
CVB Videographer Will Smith captured a glimpse of a unique theraputic surf program sponsored by our friends at Parks & Rec. Offered twice a year, this program is open to any child diagnosed with a disability; recreation center membership is not required nor is Virginia Beach residency. Visitors are welcome to participate.
Kudos to P&R for a terrific program and congrats to Will for this amazing video. Click below to check it out:
Congratulations to CVB Social Media Superstar Kasey Moore on her recent engagement. Her fiance, Jeff, popped the question at a surprise party. When Kasey said yes, he “put a ring on it!”
Please congratulate Kasey when you next see her and check out her beautiful ring, too.
Sally Noona enjoys the skyline of Toronto with clients at ASAE’s Classic Event:
SAIS Executive Vice President Lori K. Spear, CAE, won the CVB beach cruiser at the annual ASAE trade show in Toronto, Canada.
Virginia Tourism Corporation and CVBs from across the Commonwealth hosted more than 200 guests at an after-hours dessert reception in the Sheraton’s Waterbury Ballroom in New Orleans on Aug. 22 during Connect Association’s Specialty, Corporate and Sport Events conference.
Thanks to CVB M&C sales reps.. Lisa MacArthur & Linda Eisan for all their hard work – looking good in your VTC Beach Lovers shirts ladies!